The Teradata Analytics Universe 2018 data conference in Las Vegas will feature business leaders from companies including Amazon, eBay, Expedia, IBM, Ford, Wells Fargo, Nissan, Lufthansa and American Airlines talking about "next-generation analytics"
Leaders from some of the world’s biggest companies will descend on Las Vegas next week for the Teradata Analytics Universe 2018 conference.
Taking place at the Mandalay Bay hotel from tomorrow (14 October) to Thursday, it is billed by the organiser as the “world’s most important data analysis event for visionaries, innovators leading companies and professionals who want to get business results from high impact from their data”.
About 3,000 thought leaders, industry experts, Teradata customers and partners, and SMEs from nearly 50 countries are expected to attend – and listen to business leaders from global brands who are working on “next-generation analytics”.
What is Teradata?
Established in 1979 in Brentwood, California, Teradata claims to be the world’s leading provider of pervasive data intelligence, which it provides either on-premises or in the cloud.
It delivers real-time, smart answers that leverage 100% of relevant data collected by businesses to help them create new products, find new customers, innovate and grow.
With a $2.3bn (£1.7bn) global revenue, the company works in more than 75 countries and has offices across North and South America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Pacific.
Its data intelligence solutions are used by clients in a wide range of industries, such as telecoms, media and entertainment, financial services, life sciences, healthcare, transport, energy, retail and manufacturing.
Teradata unveiled new branding this week as it moved its global headquarters from Ohio to San Diego.
What is Teradata Analytics Universe 2018 about?
More than 200 sessions led by experts will be held throughout the conference, as well as collaborative sessions and interactive demonstrations.
These will seek to provide answers to today’s disruptions caused by advanced analytics. Topics will include:
- Insights into the Internet of Things and sensor data
- Best practices for cyber security, privacy and governance
- Paths to real-time, advanced and predictive analytics
- Strategies and frameworks to apply data in ways that produce better outcomes for companies and organisations.
Other buzzwords in the business world such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, smart cities and automation will also be well covered.
Who is attending Teradata Analytics Universe 2018?
The line-up of speakers include data scientists, business personalities and analysts from some of the world’s largest top research organisations, including Forrester Research, Gartner, IDC, Ventana Research and Ovum.
Numerous household name brands that have innovated through data will front sessions exploring the lessons they’ve learned.
These companies include Amazon, eBay, Expedia, IBM, Ford, Wells Fargo, Nissan, Lufthansa and American Airlines.
Some of the big speakers will be General Motors chief data and analytics officer Charles Thomas, Verizon Wireless head data scientist Ksenija Draskovic, Microsoft Azure media and entertainment general manager Tad Brockway, Project Jupyter co-founder Cal Poly and Matei Zaharia, Stanford University assistant professor and Databricks chief technologist.
Teradata’s top brass will also be in attendance. They include:
- President and CEO Victor Lund, who has served on the board of directors since 2007. Previous roles have included chairman roles at on-demand applications company DemandTec, Inc., long-term health services company Mariner Health Care, Inc. and American Stores Company – where he was also CEO.
- Chief operating officer Oliver Ratzesberger, who leads the company’s strategies for go-to-market, products and services. He has an extensive background in analytics, big data and software development, having previously worked for both Fortune 500 and early-stage businesses – including leading the expansion of analytics at eBay.
- Chief technology officer Stephen Brobst, widely regarded as a leading expert in data warehousing. He has previously been an innovation and technology advisor to Barack Obama’s first administration, and was ranked the number four US chief technology officer in 2014.
Keynote speakers at Teradata Analytics Universe 2018
At the top of the bill at Teradata Analytics Universe 2018 are four business celebrities and thought leadership experts who will share their experiences and tips for success.
- Jeffrey Hayzlett, a prime-time TV show host on C-Suite TV and radio host on CBS Radio’s Play.it and C-Suite Radio. He is the author of best-selling business books The Mirror Test and Running the Gauntlet, while he appeared as a guest celebrity judge on NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump for three series.
- Renowned leadership expert Morten Hansen has been ranked one of the most influential management thinkers by Thinkers50. His Wall Street Journal bestseller Great at Work, based on a study of 5,000 employees, showed how top performers work smarter and achieve more. He has advised and given keynotes to companies including Apple, Intel, Microsoft and American Express.
- Tony Scott has shaped ground-breaking IT solutions at the likes of Microsoft, General Motors, VMware and The Walt Disney Company. He is said to be a cyber security and cloud computing pioneer, and served as the third chief information officer of the US from 2015 to 2017 under President Obama.
- Dr Tricia Wang is a global tech ethnographer who helps companies innovate and grow by integrating big data – everything a business knows about its customers and its market – with thick data, the human element. She is the co-founder of data consultancy Sudden Compass and Magpie Kingdom, a content and strategy company that advises firms on how to understand the Chinese consumer.